Fees and Insurance
Fees for psychological services are discussed when you call, and are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Ontario Psychological Association. Services provided by Psychologists in private practice are not covered by OHIP, and unfortunately it can be quite difficult to access the services of a Psychologist in publicly funded settings.
Coverage for psychological services is often available, in part or in whole, through workplace benefits or other extended health insurance plans. While a formal referral is not required to see a Psychologist, you are encouraged to check your insurance plan to determine if a physician’s referral letter is required for your insurance claim, to confirm the annual limit (for example, $2000 per year) and when the insurance company considers a year as starting (for example, a calendar year, a year that goes from July 1st to June 30th, or a year that begins with date of hire).
Payment is accepted by cash, cheque or e-transfer at the end of each session, unless we make a different arrangement in advance.
If you need to change an appointment time, I appreciate knowing as soon as possible, and am glad to reschedule. I have a 48 hour cancellation policy to allow me to reschedule someone else in the reserved appointment time.
- For work-related accidents and illnesses, psychological services may be covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you and your family may be covered by your automobile insurance.
- Coverage for a Psychologist is also available through Veteran Affairs Canada, and First Nations and Inuit Health.
- Individuals seeking therapy related to being the victim of a violent crime in Ontario may be eligible for assistance through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.
- It is worth noting that the fee for psychological services is deductible on your income tax return as a medical expense.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss how I may be of assistance, or if you would like to arrange for an appointment. My office is located in the Beach-Danforth area of East Toronto, close to public transit and with easy access to street parking.
Address: 47 Main Street, Toronto, ON M4E 2V6